MY MISSION: TO COMPLETE 102 DIFFERENT THINGS

BEFORE 2012 RUNS OUT!







A xxx

יום שבת, 12 בינואר 2013

Les Miserables

I just came back from watching the 25th anniversary edition of the musical Les Miserable.
Words cant express how amazing it was, probably the best musical i've ever seen and one of the best produced movies i've seen for a long time.

The music and the costumes were incredible, everything was so accurate and the cast was amazing- all the best characters. I was sobbing for the last half hour of the movie and crying for at least 10 minutes after that. I was fighting hard to suppress myself- there were a few extremely wrenching with the last battle taking place between the revolutionaries and the French army.

The plot itself by Victor Hugo was beyond words- its rather complicated because the characters are interwoven with each other and there are many different plots but it all makes sense and comes together to a genius story. Its touching and sensitive, the story of a man Jean Valjean who embarks on a journey to become a better man.

After I came out of the theatre i was still sobbing and half laughing, I just couldn't control myself. It was slightly awkward because everybody could see but I just decided not to care. it was funny because half of the people exiting where red eyed and sniffling. Naturally the women's bathroom was packed of women redoing their mascara. I came wearing eye-liner and mascara and by the end of the movie all of that was gone.

I came away with plenty of thought, and some new favourite soundtracks. I was also really interested in the behind the scenes, especially with the parade of the revolutionary rebels  Their battle and death was one of the most amazing scenes i've ever seen and afterwards when Marius returns to the house and sings "empty chairs with empty tables" i just couldn't control myself.

I am seriously contemplating seeing it again.



Also, i didn't believe it would be the case but the theatre was full, even after a couple of weeks that the movies released. We arrived just before the start of the movie and Maddie and I didn't even have seats. None. We were sitting crouched on the stairs for the first fifteen minutes before we went to sit in the reserved wheelchair seats. 

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה